connor would gets fussy and just need some alone time in his bed.
megan HAS TO BE in the middle of the action. just observing.... but has to be there.
connor slept through the night from 3 mos. on... (i'm not talkin' about 5 hours either. who decided five hours counted for "sleeping through the night"??? if a baby goes to bed at 8pm, five hours means 1am. that is NOT through the night people. unless you're a wombat. in which case the night is your kingdom. but let's be honest, if you're a wombat and you're reading this, you're a freak of nature and you're probably being studied at some science lab in sydney.)
the megster hasn't made it through the night once.
if connor didn't get 10 hours of sleep he was wasted and crabby and would then take a 4-5 hour nap the next day.
megan just won't sleep the next day. she'll be totally happy, too--for which i am ETERNALLY GRATEFUL!! until she crashes and when she crashes--she CRASHES. talk about emotional!
so as you may have picked up... meg and i have been having some serious heart to heart time in the midst of the night. so i decided to find some super funny faces and cute shots that i've been storing up of her, b/c if i don't really laugh at her i'll be doing the tired-laugh-that-turns-into-tired-cry.
i decided not to go to Bible study today so she would take a good long normal nap in her own bed. fingers crossed!!
so i'm learning how to deal with girl emotions... at 9 mos. oh, boy.... can she just freeze and not turn 13???
this is my favorite face. she usually makes it when she's eating. i have tried to capture it a few times and this is the closest we've come to getting the real deal on film.
5 comments:
I love these pics! Isn't it great how babies make such unusual faces and they are all unique to that baby? I feel like Maddy makes the weirdest faces -but we are finally starting to realize what they mean. fun fun!
she is so cute. and the last face is classic. I love how much she reminds me of you. It's so fun to have girls. I think its funny when Mike is like, "what the heck", and all I have to say is, "well, babe, she's a girl." We're crazy but we tend to live longer...so maybe not that crazy. You know...out not in. I can't believe she hasn't slept well for you. yikes!!! 9 months old.
I can testify to all babies being different! Simon, though a boy like his brother (duh!) has had drastically different sleeping habits than his brother did. The bad part is that Luke was a good sleeper! I'm sorry she hasn't slept good for you. I can COMPLETELY relate b/c Simon was the same way; and I was floored! I thought I knew all the tricks to make a baby sleep through the night. That's a laugh! I now have no pride as a mother; and I have just had to accept my little night-time interruptions from Simon and deal with it. Every once in a while I have a tantrum about it. :)
Your little girly-girl is so cute. I love her little sweater. There's no question about it, girl's clothes are just cuter!
We truly loved this Meg Message! She is making such cute faces .... we sure miss you four. Thanks for posting these. We love you all.
You can make it mommy!! I did!! Sam has been finally consistently sleeping through the night. we used my little formula that i told you about over and over again. He would go through weeks of better and worse sleeping, and it was reaking havoc on my well-being!! Then finally after Christmas he just started sleeping from 8:30pm to 8am!! And I don't have any idea what happened. Nothing I did, that's for sure! I think it maight have something to do with the fact that he has been eating so much and practically running everywhere! But whatever it was, I know it was a miracle from heaven and I am so thankfull. All that to say...just roll with the punches...you never know what might happen next!! You'll get to sleep again someday...I promise!!
Post a Comment