lately, he's been talking so much more and repeating everything he's learned. he watches little einsteins and loves to tell me all about the things he sees. one adventure the einsteins went on took them past the pyramids and great sphinx. aunt elaine and uncle paul got connor a little einsteins book for christmas and it has a picture of both things. the other day connor was looking through that book and he jumped up super excited and yelled, "look, mama! the pyramids and great spinx!" (he can't exactly say sphinx properly, but i love how he says it). i hope i didn't already tell that story. frankly, i have no clue. the old memory is shot.
so sunday morning we get to church and, as usual, nathan dropped off connor to his class. when nathan got into the service with me he told me that connor proudly marched into his room and announced, "hi kids! i'm here!!" i'm sure they were thrilled and relieved.
i know there were some other things that i cracked up at recently, but i'll just have to remember them later.
for now, here are some videos and pictures. connor and i have been spending a lot of time in the bathroom. yep, it's potty time! we've got a busy weekend planned so i'm not doing my intensive cold turkey stuff yet, but we've been practicing A LOT. in fact, we've spent hours at a time sitting on the potty. literally, an hour straight and nothing. i just want him to go once so he gets it...or sort of gets it. i pumped him full of apple juice, ran the water, read books, played dominoes..... stink, we even ate brefix in there this morning. i'm sure that just disgusted so many of you, but i'm desperate. so today wasn't a day of victory, but i got some good blackmail videos and pictures for when he's a stinkin' teenager.
i love this kid!
Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing - Photo Books
last night we had lasagna for dinner..... or as connor would tell you "basagna".
Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing - Photo Books
5 comments:
Oh my, I'll say a prayer for your patience during these beginning pottying days. The first week is the toughest I think. I got SO TIRED of sitting in the bathroom waiting for things to happen. Totally didn't gross me out. We spent days on end in the bathroom. I even brought the laptop in so we could watch movies.
I agree, these toddler days are the best! They have so much joy!
thanks for the prayers! i'm sure the first week will be hard. i'm hopeful that we get into a routine after that.... we shall see. :)
He looks like so much fun!
connor is really cute... have fun potty training.
Well, I'm not gonna lie to you - you have a long road ahead of you! Even now, Gavin is fully potty trained, but I still have to accompany him to the bathroom. He can't quite reach, if you know what I mean . . .
Post a Comment