Thursday, September 21, 2006

here's to my boys

connor had to get some shots this morning. but i will say, he did much better this time than last time. last time he cried lots more, but this time he took it like a man and calmed right down. after we went to the doc we hit target to get some face soap for me and a few jars of food for the con-man. on a whim, i picked up the gerber meat sticks (think vienna sausages. northland people think gobble stix....yeah, exactly). i LOVED those things when i was little--gag! i can't believe i did, but i'm told i ate them like candy. i figured since most food gets scraped off connor's tongue i would try anything. he will literally clean his tongue with his little chubby fingers if he doesn't like what i gave him. he is becoming SO picky. so i get home and chopped them up, put them on his tray and crossed my fingers. he LOVED them!! i couldn't believe it.....then i thought, like mother like son. hey, if he's eating i'm happy.

and here's to my big boy.....the love of my life. last night, nathan came home with a big bouquet of roses. just because. what a sweetie. thanks, babe!


ooh, pretty....


....can i eat it?

7 comments:

Kelly Glupker said...

I know you're not a consultant anymore, but you gave up on Mary Kay products too? Face soap from Target? What are you thinking?!?

Katie said...

I gave my boy gobble sticks too. My m-i-l gagged every time she saw them, but I said, hey I trust these gerber people, and he likes them!

And Kudos to Nathan. I'll have to show the pic of the roses to Chris.

Sorry I never got back to you about the walk. And tomorrow I'm cleaning for my m-i-l, so how's next week look for you? Chris and I picked up our wieght routine again this week, so that feels good. And you'll have to show me what to do on that exercise ball that's out in my garage. I don't think Chris' g-ma uses it much (that would be funny to watch though).

christina said...

kelly-
you crack me up! don't worry, i haven't abbandoned mk altogether. i stashed as much as i could for myself before i sent away my products. but i'm all out of 3-in-1 and it's probably going to be a while before i can afford to get more. i have to say though, it was SO much fun walking through the health and beauty aisles at target.....it's been so long and i've missed them so. :) i'm a recovering product freak. i will try out all sorts of new things. just walking through them brought a smile to my face. :)

katie-
gobble stix forever!! :) i was kind of bummed that we didn't walk, but connor was pretty cranko from his shots so it's probably better. i've got to find out nathan's schedule for next week, but i'll try and give you a call when i know.
oh, and mostly, i do regular crunches on the ball. but i've got some other really good ones (even with weights) that are shown on spark people. they have very descriptive demos.

A Weaver's Touch said...

I feel like such a proud "auntie" - not for Connor, but for YOU - I read Katie's comment and thought, I should tell her about the demos on the site - - - and lo and behold, Wonder Girl had already told her!!! Yippeee!!!

BTW - for both yours and Katie's husbands (and don't think I'm a TOTAL cheapskate - but....): Slyly introduce them to the roses at Aldi on Eureka - - - did you know they sell a half dozen for like $2.49 or $2.99 - something like that?!?!?! They could get you a whole dozen for five or six bucks! And they're seriously soooo nice!!!!! True story: the person who told me about them (my sis) had also given me a gift card to Ray Hunter, next door. So I thought, "Hey, I love roses, I'll get my free ones at RH and try out another 1/2 dozen from Aldi as long as I'm out this way." The ones from Aldi lasted longer and kept their wonderful color!! HONEST! And I LOVE Ray Hunter! Anyhow, at those prices, the guys can bring them to you as often as they like!!!! :)

Unknown said...

Gobble sticks, eh? I'll have to try those out with Chloe. They sound pretty gross but it would be a good way to get her her needed protein. I find that I feed her carbs and fruit more than anything else!

My Middle Age Moments said...

Christina, I am sorry but when i saw the title of this blog post I just started singing the old "lets hear it for the boys" song. Its one of those 80's oldies that never died in my brain.

christina said...

brenda-
you're a crack up! and thanks for the tip! i should expect flowers all the time now!! :)

alicia-
that's exactly what i was thinking. b/c yes, they are disgusting. good luck with that! :)

carol-
thanks for that. now i'll have 80's songs running through my head all night. :)