Monday, March 13, 2006

what a little faker!

not really....i've done the laundry to prove it. but i am thankful that kids--especially babies--can be happy even though they're sick. it helps the mommy nerves to see them smiling. so i mentioned that i took connor to see dr. beaman today. a big thank you to aunt tina for always saying how much the kids loved dr. beaman. i naturally chose him to be connor's pediatrician. and i'm so glad i did. he's super nice and very calming to a new mom. he let's you freak out and makes it seem like you never did. he's always saying, "just call anytime for any question." and he's super helpful while being realistic.

so connor got sick friday night, and by sick i mean he puked all over me and managed to completely miss himself. then twice on saturday, then three more times sunday.
yuck! is all i have to say. it only went downhill from there. literally.
so this morning i called to make an appointment.

dr. beaman said this year the flu has been a combo plan starting with stomach and moving to a three day fever with cough and sniffles. oh, the joys to look forward to in the next few days.
but doc said he can have bananas and pedialyte so he won't dehydrate. and since this was his first real food i thought i would have some fun.

oh boy, oh boy, oh boy!!! food! finally!! i'm wasting away to nothing here!!

are you KIDDING me?!? what was THAT??

alright, fine. i'll try it again. but this is against my better judgment!

hey! i like bananas. i really do, mom!

cheese!

look at those cheeks! i could just eat 'em!

this is how i typically find connor in the morning or after naps. he loves to pull the blanket up near his face. i guess he just keeps pulling and pulling until he's made a little cave.

10 comments:

mittin92 said...

I am so sorry to hear that Connor has the flu. I know it has taken a toll on so many people. You are right about Dr Beaman. He is wonderful. I never would have thought I would see the day where my kids say, "Can we go see Dr Beaman" :-) I know I would have never said that as a child. It's great to have such a wonderful, calming doctor. I am glad he is little Connor's doctor too!

Love, Aunt Tina

christina said...

as much as i like the beamster....i gotta say, 20 bucks a pop to see him is gonna kill me!i'm just glad we have REALLY good insurance through the school right now and that it's only $20. it could be worse.
let's just pray that connor gets better before i have to shell out another 20. :-)poor little guy is still going at it today.

pamela s said...

Poor Connor. You're right. Accordng to those pictures, I would have never thought he was sick. We'll praying for both him and you.

suzanne said...

It is so hard when they are sick. I hope that you are doing fine. Sometimes I wish that I could just be sick for Gavin. It sure would make things a lot easier! Well, I hope your little guy is feeling better - it sure looks that way!

Kelly Glupker said...

Hey Christina!
It has been so long! I have really enjoyed looking at your blog. It has been nice seeing how you are doing.
I am sorry to hear Connor is feeling so awful. My sister and her family drove to Florida on Friday. On the way down, her one year old threw up three times. When they got there, the two year old starting throwing up, and before the night was over, my sister (who is 7 and half months pregnant was throwing up). They met up with her in-laws who both got sick the next day. It must be going around!

Katie said...

Sorry Connor is under the weather. It is REALLY tough when they don't feel well. And, I'm glad you have a pediatrician you really like. That's so great; I have to say I'm not all too thrilled with ours. I'm hoping to find a better one after the move.

We're praying Connor will get better soon!

Katie and Luke

Hairgrove Hangout said...

Hey little man - You made me laugh with those funny faces. (good aiming on mommy!) I loved the pics of you sleeping with the blanket over your head....just like daddy. He would "cacoon" himself and his head when he was little. (Probably still does, ah Christina?) Love you all, Momma Hair

christina said...

thanks everyone for praying for my little man. so far, he seems to be holding steady. no better but no worse thankfully!
so much sickness going around! i was talking to my aunt tina on the phone and she reminded me that at least i only have one sicky...i could have three! definitely waiting on more kids!!

momma hair,
YES!! that's exactly where he got it! i can't believe i didn't make the connection. it's genetic! we fight nightly over the covers b/c he always tries to tuck and roll. what a turkey! :-)

Katie said...

Ill health has come to our house. Luke has an eaf infection. Again. Poop.

PS. While rereading my comment, I saw the typo but left it to amuse myself. I hope Connor doesn't get an eaf infection anytime soon. They suck!

christina said...

kt-
if that amuses you, you are definitely "mommy tired". :-)
hope luke gets better fast! maybe ky will be nice soon and it will help.
we'll pray for him....along with our nightly list of 'sickies'.