
today we had a visit from the allen park police department. (i tell ya the guy could've been eric estrada's brother!...you know, from CHiPs) b/c last night "red", as we like to call it, was broken into. "red" is our '93 escort that we bought from jo-g (technically nathan's dad also). "red" has been my run around car for close to home, but when connor and i go far nathan always says, 'i'll switch ya' and we trade cars for the day.
well, my little ace has been sick for the past three days so today we had to go to the doctor. just a little flu bug. nothing a little sleep and pedialyte can't cure. so i was going to run up to the school and switch cars. well, i got into the driver's side door and found the ash tray totally out and all the contents of our glove box on the passenger seat. typical allen park. punks or homeless guys will go through any open cars looking for loose change in the ash tray and whatever else they can steal. little did they know....i know that trick! so i NEVER keep money in my car.
BUT.....
nathan's soccer shoes were missing. and some of his painting supplies (i think).
and as i surveyed the damage to see what may have been taken from the glove box, i found an envelope labeled "93 escort title".
YIKES!!!
how could i be so stupid?? what would possess me to leave the title to our junker IN the actual junker?? that's rule number one! keep your title safe in your house with other important documents.
i could only blame it on my pregnancy. i was pregnant when we switched the title into nathan's name and i must have just shoved it in the glove box. not even thinking.
well, long story shorter (for all of you mental midgets out there who don't like me waxing elequent :-), right before the cops got to my house to file the claim.......PTL i found the title! what a relief!
but the officer was super nice about it. even though i could tell he wanted to call me a stupid head for leaving (or thinking i left) my title in the car. he said, "well, you can file a claim. but i'm not sure that the department of investigations will go around looking for your soccer shoes."
you got that right, buddy! so i thanked him and he and i chatted about the neighborhood for a few minutes (it's going to the dogs i tell ya). the whole time i wanted to say, "hey, has anyone ever told you that you look like eric estrada?" but i didn't. i wish nicole was with me. she would've said it.
like the other day, we were picking up applebees for lunch and as i gave the girl the money, she was ready to say, "keep the change ya filthy animal!" (from home alone....remember!) HA what a crack up.
6 comments:
I used to watch CHIPS all of the time with my dad!
I even had sunglasses like him!!
If i weren't married I would be a little envious of your visitor! :)
Glad everything worked out oK!
Great home alone line! I have thought about saying to someone a few times but I never have the guts. Good thing nothing too bad was done to your car. I don't suppose you had it insured?
This happened to Ryan and me too!! Just a few streets over from you! The neighborhood IS going to pot! Kyle's car has been broken into several times as well. I am glad that all that was taken was soccer shoes and painting supplies!
I wish you would have told the guy he looked like Eric. That would have been so funny!
I looked at this late last night and it affected my dreams. I often have weirdo dreams but this was especially strange. I dreamt I had a brother named CHiP (spelled just like that) and that he turned out to be satan incarnate. I'm not making this up, really. Thanks for the strange influence. :)
we do have insurance on red. but it's plpd which is insurance code for, "the guillotine can't kill you but it will still give you a good haircut."
basically, we have it insured just to keep it on the road.
but i'm glad nothing really bad happened to it too. it would have just been a loss.
suzanne,
it's true about ap...our garage got broken into all the time on cicotte. my dad actually chased some guy with a shovel once. can you just see him jumping fences, screaming at this guy? and once, his rolling tool chest got rolled right out the driveway.
alicia,
i'm sorry about your dream, but i have to say it made me laugh that CHiP was actually satan. YIKES!
Post a Comment