Sunday, January 29, 2012

pinterest: fail

i should know by now that anything i find on pinterest was dreamed up by some chipper crafty chick who runs five miles and reads her Bible before her six home schooled kids wake up.

i thought it would be so fun to take in a basket of goodies for the office staff at connor's school. sure it would be fun….IF i was martha stewart. instead of felt fortune cookies with hershey kisses and witty fake fortunes stuffed inside of them to make the teachers' day, i ended up with a yard of felt i'll never find a good use for, extra ribbon and floral wire to take up space in my craft box, and enough glue on my dining table to make it look like a topographical map of the andes.

i could tell it was killing nathan to have the "off limit" sign placed on the kisses. after i resigned myself to my pinterest failure, i let the boys have the chocolate. as much as i love looking at the crafty ideas i find on pinterest, i have to remind myself that people literally spend hours crafting and then photographing these ideas. i don't want to spend that kind of time on crafts. there are plenty of things on my level…. which is lower than beginner, mind you.

i think i'll just take in doughnuts. :)

3 comments:

Carrie said...

I was really hoping for a picture there! I picked out several crafts for Christmas..reality set in when it says...use sewing machine..which I do not own! I have enjoyed making some of the fun food ideas though. Happy looking anyway.

Unknown said...

I've had my share of pinterest fails lately too! Mostly in the baking department. Like the *hearty* pumpkin bread I tried tonight that was gritty enough to remove plaque. Good thing my family will pretty much eat anything that comes freshly baked from the oven!

That is a good reminder about those professional types out there who craft and photograph so beautifully. My projects NEVER turns out like theirs!

And I bet those teachers will enjoy donuts way more than felt fortune cookies! :)

The Blondeback Blog said...

So SO funny!!! You might not consider yourself crafty, but you definitely have a way with words!!!