here's what i recall of his answer.....
"well, mom....it's...it's....it's just that i get SO EXCITED to be at school. and then my hands start shaking like this and i can't hear my brain telling me to stop. and then mrs. kuczera tells me to change my color. and it's just that i'm so excited b/c i want to see what centers we will do and my brain starts getting dizzy! and then i just feel tired and i don't know.... maybe i just forget and i'm so excited."
this chat went on for about 5 minutes. mostly, i tried to listen. i wanted to try and figure out what would help him while he's away from me ...and i can't give him the death stare....
and it's not like a private school. i went to private school. i taught at private school. organization and discipline are priority there. kids sit in their chairs and don't MOVE for fear of their lives. now, that has it's problems, too....i'm not going there today....but it's a different world in public school. i'm well aware of my son's short-comings. i know he's very active. i know self-control doesn't come easily to him yet. i've tried my best to train him to do right even when others are not....but i'm just gonna be honest....going to his school and seeing him in action was kind of humbling. i need to drill it into him even more. i need to pray for him even more.
anyone out there have tips that have helped your kids? i mean.... when they're away from you. not when you're right there to fill their heads with scripture and their bottoms with "devotional thoughts".
2 comments:
I have so much I would love to say but as we both know you were my childs teacher and in fact taught the "mini-me" of our family and therefore I tremble at the thought of saying anything to you about what to do.:) FWIW...teach them, model it for them and pray for them every step of the way :) He is blessed to have a mom who wants to teach him to walk in HIS ways.
I've nothing to say except "ME TOO" because I want to know the answer to your question. I'm commenting so I can check the "email follow up comments" LOL.
Post a Comment