Wednesday, September 24, 2008

top ten

the other day i mentioned that the first day of fall was definitely one of my top ten days of the year.... my uncle paul turned it into a game. so here's my top ten: not necessarily in order.... i have been too busy today to go that far, but at least i sat down and thought for five quiet minutes.

  • when the colors peak up north
  • the first really chilly morning of fall-- the one that makes your feet cold and you contemplate if getting out of bed to go to the bathroom is really worth leaving the warmth of your bed.....it IS by the way...
  • thanksgiving
  • first day of a beach vacation
  • my family birthdays....connor 9.6, meg 4.22, nathan 6.23, me 7.30
  • 4th of july at the cabin
  • christmas and easter-- their combined importance makes it special
  • first day of fall-- b/c i know the good weather is coming
  • first day of school-- the teacher in me will never die! i love the fresh smell of new school supplies.
  • the day old navy puts their kids clothes on sale for $2-- ok so that one is a little silly, but it's still a great day!
  • i have eleven!!! i just thought of this though and it MUST BE done: the canoe marathon

so hit me with your top ten! you can post them as a comment or if you're my friend on facebook you can put them on my wall.

and for all the grandparents out there, here's a picture from a pretty good day.



i don't know...... do you think they're related??






helping megan with her tummy time






so, dude.... how long did they make you do this tummy time junk before you revolted?

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Great list. I'm with you on the fall colors. I'll have to think for probably longer than 5 minutes to come up with only 10 top favorite things. Megan looks SO MUCH like Connor! I suppose you get that all the time, eh? How's life with two munchkins going?

Matt & Nicki said...

Just had to come on here and say, I share your love of fall AND the first day of school "aroma". I tell Matt at least once in the fall, "I love the smell of fall". . it's so crisp! Good list:)

Hairgrove Hangout said...

I loved your "first day of school, new school supplies" It reminded me of "a bouquet of sharpened pencils!"

christina said...

alicia-
well it's busier than i expected. :) we're doing well though.