the trip went well. we actually woke up extremely late on wednesday. i had been waking up at 7:00am every morning, but for whatever reason on the one day it mattered i woke up at 8:45am!!! we had planned to be on the road at 10am so i jumped into the shower and started scrambling. thankfully, i had almost everything packed the night before, so really all i had to do was get dressed, eat brefix, and pack up our bathroom bag. we made it out the door sometime between 11 and 1130am. it was kind of a blur. but it was a fun blur.
here are some highlights from our greenville stay.
the view from the other corner.... you can see connor enjoying his favorite part of the hotel-- the water bottles.
here's connor's... uh..... room. it's the closet between the bathroom and the rest of the room. it was nice to be able to close the doors and have him in a quiet place. if it's not an activity free zone that kid won't sleep a wink.
thankfully, i brought a box of connor's toys. the kids came over to play during some of our hotel time. they had a blast together. nathan's enjoying the hi-speed wireless.
nathan pretending he can play the lobby piano. the light was pretty bright behind him, but he was doing such a good job i thought i couldn't miss out on this shot.
here are the destructo brothers making a mess in g-momma's kitchen. (g-momma is nathan's gramma wheeler)
connor loved having a buddy there. he was asking all week when we were going to see huddy buddy (that's what he still calls hudson).
6 comments:
cool room...I love hotels. I just told mike, "I can't believe I haven't talked to my sister." I did try to call after Connor and Ava talked on christmas but I didn't push it b/c our kids had connected us. =) So merry Christmas and come over sometime so you can check out our new chair!!! Ok, Later
yeah, i saw your call later. maybe i'll come over tomorrow when nathan goes hunting.... mike's going too, right? i thought the same thing. i was surprised we haven't talked since we left. weird.
glad you had a nice christmas! you're looking great!
Seriously, you need to give us a call when you're in the area. We would love to get together some time and actually meet your little man. It seems that every time we're in MI, you are out of town. We just got back from the gray north yesterday morning. Oh well.
I'm uber jealous of that fabulous looking hotel room! I don't think I've ever been in a suite big enough to take shots from different corners of the same room. I hate that they don't make pack-n-play friendly spaces for little tykes. I always feel like a jerk closing Chloe in a closet. But it works. Looks like you all had a fantastic memory-making time together!
susan-
when we got into greenville i thought about sending you an email, but i knew our trip would be so whirlwindish... some time though, definitely!
alicia-
it was funny to put connor to bed and he would ask for the door to stay open just a little bit. he's sort of used to closets b/c that's what we did at nathan's parents. i figure it won't scar him for life. :)
Post a Comment