Sunday, June 24, 2007

poor baby

nathan's been such a good sport about our car lately. the thing has been having problems at odd times. a few sundays ago we got a flat on the way to church....good thing we live close. after church he tried to change the tire and the stinkin' car FELL OFF THE JACK. it was up on the cheapo that comes with the car so it came as no surprise really, but it still stinks. so we called my dad and he came with his big jack .... which nathan promised would be in our car from now on~he's no dummy. so they got everything fixed. and then today at the bday party (pictures below) our car wouldn't start and he had to go get a new battery! we only have a few more months left before we pay this baby off....please, oh, please, oh, please don't die!

7 comments:

Kelly Glupker said...

How old is the car? Thankfully a flat tire and a dead battery are not serious problems, just annoying. If those are your only problems, I predict it will last far past the next few months. :) Of course, I know NOTHING about cars - but I certainly have experience with having car problems.

pamela s said...

That's scary about the car falling off the jack. So glad Nate wasn't UNDER the car!!
Well, if you look on the bright side, after the car is paid for, you'll have those monthly payments to put to the car repairs. :) That's what happened to us anyway.

Katie said...

Car troubles STINK! I so know how you feel. Our prism is on its last leg, and I can't wait till we get a "new" one! We're on the lookout, but nothing yet. Call me crazy, but my dream car is a minivan! :)

christina said...

kelly-
it's an 01, and i just watched the odometer flip over to 90,000 that was surprisingly anticlimactic.

pam-
tell me about it. i kept telling connor to stay on the grass b/c i was afraid he would run out in front of a runaway car. :)

kt-
have you guys check the auctions yet?

Unknown said...

It's such a good feeling to get a car paid off! We've had to put lots of money into our jetta and it seems like all the problems (big or little) happened right around 100,000 miles. Now we're at 120 and seeing little things break here and there but nothing major. Hope it keeps going for you guys!

Kelly Glupker said...

An '01?!?! That's practically brand new! All of our vehicles have been over 10 years old with about 250,000 miles (no, I am not exagerating). You've got years of life left in that baby!

A Weaver's Touch said...

I drove into church Sunday morning (I had company until 4 am and skipped Sunday School) and when Mr. Strong and Mr. Raburn greeted me at the door, they said, "Do you know your bumper is dragging on the ground?" Well, I had heard this grinding sound, so all the way to church I'm thinking, "Oh stink, more money - now I gotta call the car guy tomorrow." So they offered right away to go take it off for me (it's just this heavy rubber piece that hangs down in front) - and of course my car looks like pooo right now since I haven't cleaned out the insides for ages. But hey, at least that's all it was, and they helped me for FREE! :) I felt like such a "dumb chick" though to not even know it was hanging off the front! Hope yours is just as easy to fix!