Wednesday, May 02, 2007

first day of ....work

remember when your mom took pictures of your first day of school? well, i did that to nathan on monday when he went off to his first day of work. if i had an american flag i would have put it out too. my mom always did that--at least she didn't do the "first day of school dance" that's so popular with my aunts these days. it was like she was celebrating the fact that we were out of the house....hmm...i'm slowly starting to understand the value of a peaceful afternoon.
well, so far so good. he's really enjoying this new change. everything's new and exciting. he said he felt like he was playing hookey from work...but this IS work. it's just so different from everything else. in fact, if you lived on our street and watched nathan leave the house every day for the past two years, you might wonder what in the world he does for a living. well, let me just say he's done it all! every few months his jobs have changed drastically since we've been here. first he was teaching, so he'd leave in khakis and a tie every day. then he was working at the golf course, for which he had a uniform. then it was mowing lawns...scrub-ville. after that it was traveling for jd and weird hours. finally it was the warehouse....another casual dress. and mixed into all that was coaching and ref'ing soccer and volleyball. he probably changed clothes three times a day! (which goes back to his childhood....everytime the game changed, the garb changed.) i'm just so thankful that each time the Lord brought a new work opportunity along, nathan took it. he did everything he could to provide for our family with the work God brought to his path. and he's still doing that. we are just so thankful that the Lord brought along a christian businessman that was willing to help nathan learn this new business.



humoring me again :~)
what a hottie!


if you know me, you know i NEVER buy name brand cereal. and i RARELY buy these junko cereals. but the other night i had no milk and sent nathan to meijers. i should have known. it IS his favorite. he came back with lucky charms and chips ahoy. what a kid! but i was just thankful that he went to meijers b/c milk was $1.88! and i had a wicked bad headache.


checkin' fox news with dad. he loves his daddy!


at this point, i'm pretty sure he was thinking, "so help me if she takes one more picture......!!!"


i watched these lazy bums tuesday. they both just wanted to snuggle and watch charlie and lola. well, ava wanted to...connor ended up crawling all over her. don't worry she put him in his place.

12 comments:

My Middle Age Moments said...

I used to do a first day of school dance too. THe kids used to all roll their eyes and I was ready to party. it isn't the same when you homeschool.

nathan looks so professional like all dolled up. you go nate

Unknown said...

Oh my, I can't imagine how much laundry you must do! :)

Seriously though, praise the Lord for the provider you have in Nathan. There are lots of husbands out there that are too proud to just take any job available (not mine either though!). What exactly is Nathan's new job?

A Weaver's Touch said...

But where's his Spiderman lunchbox???

christina said...

alicia-
i recycle as much as is humanly possible and i still have tons. :) he is a financial planner. which means we watch a lot of news and financial shows now. :) but trust me he still watches enough golf for the two of us.

brenda-
he whined at the store so i'm making him wait. and he really wants a buzz lightyear. (haha)

Hairgrove Hangout said...

I loved those 'first' days. I cried my heart out when Nathan said to me at noon the first day of K-5, "hey, Mom, did you know these kids sleep a nap here? I want to too!" Oh, honey, you get to come home with your little bro Jo-g and sleep in your own big boy bed. "No thanks, I want to sleep here." I went to the church nursery to get a pillow and blanket, took little Jo-g home, and cried. These are the times I cherish as I look back at Nathans life. We are SOOOOOOO proud of you son! No parents could be happier or more thrilled than we are of you.

Heather said...

I love reading your blog!! It is always so upbeat and always brings a smile to my face.

What test did Nathan have to study for?? I am also in the financial planning field and am study to take a big test right now too.

Congratulations to the both of you!!!

christina said...

heather-
he has taken the series 6 and 63. he's studying right now for a life insurance exam and then he plans to tackle the series 7--which i'm told is a beast. and no, i don't know what any of those tests allow him to do. i just know they are numbered which i find silly. :)

Heather said...

I am studying to take the 7 right now. It is far byond easy, but it is teaching me so much! One of the guys I work with took the 6 yesterday and another one is off today studing for the insurance test.

Now I totally understand what he is going through...i am sure he is SO greatful for you and your ability to support him. I know that I wouldn't be where I am without Kevins support that is for sure!!!

Grant and Brenda said...

Hey, are those my oaklys? Mine are missing and a know how much you like them.

Grant and Brenda said...

I just blew up the picture. Hand 'em over mister!

My Middle Age Moments said...

Thanks for the sunglasses thing...Kylie liked em so much she ran right out and bought herself a pair that look just like them. Big ole white thingys...she was thrilled they are DIOR> :) {one of the perks of living here}

Anonymous said...

haha.. i especially love the one of him walking out the door.. haha!! thats funny :)