what has happened? it's been quite a while since i've blogged. i guess it's b/c i didn't have many wild and crazy things happen....oh, wait that's not it. you know life's never boring here in hairgrove land. and connor walking has definitely spiced things up.
he has wasted no time in becoming a proficient walker. once he realized he could do it, he has been walking all over. if he falls he just crawls over to the nearest table, chair, or wall, gets back up and heads out again. every night around 7 he used to crawl in circles in the living room (apparently, his toys lost their appeal about that time each night). now he walks in circles. from the couch, across to the table, turn and back. repeat about 7 times. look up for a chuckle and go again.
we have successfully passed a cold around. nathan and connor had it earlier this week, and today i felt it coming on strong. by dinner time i was sneezing my head off. a little extra flavor for the chicken.
nathan is stuck in the office studying his brains out.....the second test is knocking on our door.
and the most exciting thing happened monday. i usually start the dishwasher before i head up to bed. so that night i started it, and in the morning i woke up to a "burney" smell. not quite fire (which was good b/c then i didn't freak), almost like a hot motor but not quite. hence the "burney" description. i get downstairs and i can hear the washer running. oh, dear. this can't be good. it had stopped before the dry cycle and i couldn't tell what was wrong. i opened the door and smoke came billowing out. all i could think was "please don't set off the fire detector!" phew! safe there. i just didn't want the little man to wake up before i had time to check out the damage. no leaks, water still runs into it fine, and the heating element is now white. needless to say, i had to rewash all the dishes. ah, well. such is life. i'll figure out the problem somehow. yeah, i've been watching a lot of handy manny.
i gave connor his glasses and he didn't want to take them off. he kept raising his eyebrows...hilarious.




6 comments:
You guys belong with us this week. We have colds being passed around and sunglasses a sportin. At least send connor cuz he is a chick magnet in them things :)
I think I hear a "Florida trip" needed for Ace. He hasn't "walked" in Florida yet, and the sunshine, pool and hot tub would do him and you a world of good.
love ya
Connor is rockin' in those shades! That last picture he looks like he's grooving to some 70s disco hits. Am i right?
Ick, sorry to hear about your dishwasher and cold situation. We just finished a round in our family and now I'm taking an extra 500 mg. of vitamin-c each day so I don't get it again. Is your dishwasher totally caput now?
colds all around, huh?
alicia-
i'm not sure if it's completely out of commission. i think i figured out where it stops, but i just don't know what the exact problem is.
Something similar happened to me with our dishwasher, but I turned it off after about 2 minutes of the burning smell. I had turned the dial too far, so it didn't fill up with water & just started the cycle burning up the motor. I hope you can get your fixed (& cheaply)!! I remember doing dishes by hand growing up & how I was SO thankful to get a house with a dishwasher!
Our dishwasher was smelling, and I found a wooden spoon down at the bottom that was burning.
Hope Connor's feeling better!
Post a Comment