they played that song as we were walking through the village the other night and it's been stuck in my head for a while. it's just a weird little tune, kinda spooky, kinda goofy. well, hopefully tonight is the end of that little diddy.
connor's still zonked out for his mafternoon nap. yes, it's called a mafternoon nap when it is a super long afternoon nap...the result of a super short morning nap. which was entirely my fault anyway. he woke up when nathan was getting ready to go this morning, and then fell asleep while i took a shower. then i got him up and went over to nic's to sort through some hand-me-downs...thanks karen!! so he kind of got ripped off as far as napping goes. but he went with the flow fairly well and played with ava.
my life has been such a blur lately. katie called me this afternoon and asked if nathan had already left for the week....i actually couldn't remember what day it was and that he had left JUST THIS MORNING! pathetic. good thing it's candy night and i can get a sugar jolt for tomorrow.
i got all the leaves up this afternoon. nic and ava were over to use the computer, so i borrowed their mower...again.. and mulched up all my leaves. only three bags this time. not bad. it was much easier than straight up raking, and more fun b/c ava kept pressing her face to the front door and waving at me. at one point i'm pretty sure she was bored b/c she was holding a dvd and puffing out her cheeks in sheer boredom. connor was already napping at that point so the poor little gal had no one.
so i had a good samaritan moment. babe, all that "stop and help" you do is finally coming around full circle. i had gone over to nic's to get the mower, and i was struggling to get a good grip on the beast to put it in her truck. then another truck pulls up (big f-150 pulling a cube trailer). this guy rolls down the window and says, "you gonna be able to get that thing up there?"
i looked up..... thinking, "yeah, buddy. i'm just gonna pop out a can of spinach, suck it through my pipe and grow popeye muscles. then i'm gonna whip this thing on the roof of the garage and clean the gutters.....here's your sign" that was totally for you, nathan. :)
it was pretty obvious that i wasn't going to get it myself. so i said, "alright, get over here and give me a hand. there's no way this is happening."
so he gets out of his truck and says....this is classic...."i'm just a friendly neighbor. not a killer or anything." and i'm thinking (and wanting to say so badly) "you know, ted bundy was a clean cut, decent looking guy. that didn't work out too well, huh?" but i didn't want to freak him out. so i said a million thanks and he went on his way feeling better about himself and the world we live in all the while. he was very nice, don't get me wrong. i just found his statement quite humorous.
so, it's soon going to be time to head out and beg for candy. we'll probably just hit the grandparents. that will prove to be enough driving in and of itself. the weather is absolutely perfect. warm, sunny, not too windy. a great night for the kids.
ooh!!! here's something exciting. i got pulled for jury duty! but since nathan is traveling i'm asking to be excused b/c of connor. i read somewhere that michigan tried to pass some law about "family friendly" jury system. allowing caretakers of small children (or even adults) to be excused until they are able to serve at another time. that didn't pass, but i'm still trying. the last time i got pulled for jury duty i was leaving for africa the next week. my mom wrote a letter for me and i obviously didn't go. though i wish the circumstances had been different. i would have loved to go then. i'll keep you posted.
ok...picture time for all you non-intellectuals that don't care to read my profound writings. yes, that's a joke....i have never been accused of being profound....or intellectual for that matter.




7 comments:
I just the guy's comment that stopped to help you. It's like, "is this the road we're on?" Here's your sign!! Looking forward to seeing you both real soon. Love ya!
i know, i was cracking up and that's all i could think of. i was really surprised that he even stopped.
we're getting SO ready to come visit! i'll be practicing "sitting on mommy's lap" a few minutes at a time this week. let's hope it works like "sitting in church". :)
well babe - thanks for the post.I look forward each day to see if you updated anything. It's actually kind of weird because I am try to check up on my family to see what's going on at home. hmmm that's different.
So all that I have to say is what goes around comes around. Like that time I helped the lady at the car reck before the ambulance arrived. I knew it would have to pay off sometime, I am just glad Ted Bundy was around to give you a hand - just remeber that the 308 is up stairs just in case.
Thanks again and love you
Nate
I got my first jury summons last week. I faxed them a letter explaining I had kids & I couldn't get a sitter and included their birth certificates. I think I was excued. I haven't been hauled off to jail or anything yet, so I think I'm good. I love the "here's your sign." It's amazing how many people ask really stupid questions. I think my favorite one is the "Lock your keys in your car? Nope, just trying to hang up my car."
nathan-
it's so weird when i see your comments, b/c they don't show up like others in my email, so usually i have to comment to someone else before i realize you've done one....it's like a neat little surprise every time!! :) hope you are having a good night! love you tons! and see you soon.
susan-
stink! i didn't even think about birth cert.! hope my letter is convincing enough. we say those "here's your sign" jokes all the time! i love it!!
I'm very proud of you - that you didn't verbalize the internal Ted Bundy dialoge that was in your head. That was very NOT Crazy Betty of you. :) hee hee
I'm so not into blogging lately. I have no time. Other important things in life at the moment. Tell me this is a good sign that I have priorities.
Also, Gilmore was a rerun. (like you don't know) Kinda glad, 'cuz the timer didn't work (there's NO way I didn't program it right), so I didn't get it taped. Hope you have a fun/busy week and fun in FL. :)
I am not alone!! Jackson sticks his hands in my mouth too!! weird!!
Post a Comment