here are some failed attempts at connor's 1-yr-old pictures....yes, i am aware that he isn't quite one. get over it. i am sending out birthday letters (only to family, don't hold your breathe :) and i wanted to send a picture. why is it that when i don't really care if he's smiling he cheeses like there's no tomorrow? and when i want him to smile, he just makes chubba cheeks? hmmm....curious child. well, we had some fun. connor kept getting tangled in the fishing net....which is actually a hammock that jo-g left at our house. i found it last week when i was cleaning out the basement. made a great prop for the pics....thanks, jo! :)







17 comments:
Those are adorable pictures. I love your creative 'backdrop'. I never would've thought of something like that. Connor is losing his baby face and is looking more grown up!
i feel your pain. i've had many similar situations as i've tried to make a photography studio out of my living room. i usually end up more frustrated than it's worth!! but you always get funny pictures. my personal favorite is the book one.
Connor: Our big day is fast approaching. I am hoping to be queen for the day. :-)
Christina: Cool idea on the pictures! Love the net idea.
nicole-
i definitely will NOT be attempting this with more than one child. he wanted to crawl everywhere, and i just wanted to pull out my hair. i don't know how professionals do it! :)
ces-
maybe your fam will fry you up some chicken...aka mystery meat. :)
WAY too cute - - - What do you mean, no one gets pictures but family?!?!?! :) I'm totally diggin' on the Reynold's Wrap sword - VERY cool!
Did he get a haircut? Or is it just that there is a part in it now? He looks OLDER! Seriously!
Aww, Connor definitely does look like such a "big boy!" Very cute pics. Your funny comments make them even cuter.
Looks like you needed those incredibly annoying squeaker toys! I remember doing the annual portraits at Sears growing up & those things annoyed me to no end.
Kudos on your little studio - very creative! :)
i'm no professional, but i've found that hiding a seating device, a bouncy seat for example, under your backdrop helps tremendously!! but who knows, I *am* crazy enough to try it with more than one ;-)
Love the pirate motif! You could make comic strips for a living :)
Great idea for a back-drop. He matches perfectly with the pirate theme!!!
Aunt Tina
What a card! Did you get any good shots? Great idea to do this at home and avoid the portrait fees. We got Chloe's 1 year photos done at wally world and the quality is not very good.
very cute and oh, so handsome! I can hardly believe it's been one year. We miss him so much!!! It is sooo hard to be apart. Much love and prayers for you three.
Hey Conner is such a cutie I think. He is a pro at this picture stuff. He is funny to.
Hey Christina ~ we are house sitting for the dobbertin's this week, so we'll be in AP! Lets get together!!
You must be busy planning Connor's party! No posts or new pics for a week! We miss you!
These pcitures are great! And you have a hilarious sense of humor. I am almost laughing out loud at your captions. And I haven't been on here in a while, so I was scrolling through previous posts. . . the pictures that Nate took of Conner in the grocery cart are soo funny too.
suzanne-
we should hit the park or something. give me a call 433.9840
Post a Comment