Thursday, July 27, 2006

change of plans.....again

nicole and my mom went to the doctor at 3p today. he told her that it seems to be a dislocated rib. the pain was from pressure around the rib...which is why she thought she was having a heart attack. he told her she could go to the race, but just take it easy......yeah, that should happen. :)
so right now, my mom and dad are on their way up north to the race. we will follow tomorrow, so i'll have to post the race results when we get home. or you can always log on to the official race website to see how the racers are doing along the way. they will have unofficial race times posted from each check point. and an hourly radio broadcast of the paddlers positions.

i know this must seem like such a little thing, but just pray that my dad and garth finish well this year. they have worked so hard and it is such a difficult task. with all that has happened these past few days, i just want him to accomplish this goal.

well, off to the races!

2 comments:

A Weaver's Touch said...

I'm soooo glad Brenda Lee gets to go! She would have had MORE stress staying home not knowing what was happening! :) I'll be praying - and I KNOW his hard work will pay off! Can't wait to hear!

My Middle Age Moments said...

Where were you in my time of need? I was having a bloggin stress and I need you there to come to my rescue. Ok, I can see it now...I will be buying you a calling card so you can walk me through blog therapy. :-)

Hope you are having a great time. Enjoy!