Monday, June 12, 2006

dancin' fool


woohoo! i'm dancin', i'm dancin'.....
dad calls this the sprinkler.


mom, did you take my picture when i was dancing? sheesh!

10 comments:

Kelly Glupker said...

Hi Christina,
I am sure you guys are happy yet sad to leave the ministry of education. How come Nate's leaving?

christina said...

nathan doesn't want to teach elem. anymore. (all subjects every day) the only thing he would have done with his degree is that or possibly teach p.e. but there's nothing like that available at our school, and he's pretty much fried as far as elem. goes. on top of that money got way tight this year since i wasn't teaching, so all that combined with a lot of amazing 'coincidences'....truly amazing things and people only God could bring along.....helped us see that this was the time to move on.
nathan has said all along that he will miss the kids, but i know he won't miss the prep and grading! :) we really are thankful for how this is all working out. God has really been and continues to be good. nathan knew after his first year that he didn't want to be in elem forever. but we didn't have anything to fall back on. so we searched out possibilities and nothing came of any of them. in fact....the job he's studying for now, he didn't pursue like the other choices. it's just amazing how it has all worked out.

Karen said...

The sprinkler pic is too funny! He looks like he's really doing it on purpose! You must just laugh all day at him!

Unknown said...

Thanks for answering my question! I know how you all feel - being burned out and not earning enough money seem to be typical Christian teacher sentiment. I couldn't even LIVE on my salary as a teacher (at my second school in WI). I was forced to room with 2 other gals to make my paycheck stretch. On the other hand, once I got into the "real" work world I realized what a blessing it was to work in a Christian environment. Either one has pros and cons but I'm glad to see you have the attitude that God has planned and led your family in this exact direction. No mistakes with God. How did your church/school react?

Connor should think about going pro-dancer. Nightclubs, maybe? Chloe just started doing a little arm wiggle up and down when she hears music. Is Ace trying to crawl at all?

christina said...

alicia,
pros and cons for sure! the school/admin. seemed to go with the flow. no bad blood or anything. parents and kids coming up the pipeline have stopped nathan A LOT to say how sad they are that he won't teach them. honestly, we didn't make some huge announcement. i'm sure there are some people that don't know yet.
connor is totally trying to crawl, but with little success. he can get up on hands and knees now but still ends up scooting backward. his skills totally lie in dancing!

suzanne said...

Connor's really got his groove on! That is so funny! I love that picture!!

pamela s said...

The Sprinkler is hilarious! I can only imagine what he'll be like at age 12!

A Weaver's Touch said...

Polo shirt from Gap Kids - $12.99

Kids Meal of Spaghetti at Silver Spoon - $3.99

Stain Stick to remove Kids Meal of Spaghetti from Silver Spoon - $2.49

Connor doing The Sprinkler - Priceless! :)

christina said...

hey, watch it! it's sweet potatoes, and he had an accident. sometimes he just gets too excited while eating....ok, always. :)

Katie Barker said...

I love the second picture with the pouty eyes.