mike had a bouncy castle from work and also borrowed a cotton candy machine. dad had the boat ready for rides, kids were fishing....it was great. then later we had a little camp fire before we went home. i love it that my parents live right on the river. we get tons of 'up north' perks even when we don't drive to the cabin. well, i have some great pics so i'll let them speak for themselves.
(that is, if my computer feels like uploading today:)

here's the bouncy castle. the pictures to follow are appropriately labled.
small: nic took ava before the maddness ensued
medium: hope , trevor , andrew and madison (my cousin nanette's two oldest) 
large: mike taking out dillon and derek
extra large: joshua, dad, david (checking out the newly added ventilation in his jeans, dillon and daniel...with nicole telling them she'd beat anyone that wrecked the bouncy castle
aunt elaine and aunt claudia enjoying the sun when the wind was calm..for once.

laura and nic being fabulous

gramma and papa trying to hold down their plates in the wind
uncle mitchell and aunt tina.....you made the blog!! :-)
a few of the gals trying to stay warm in the sun
paul was helping three of his little ones fish. they did quite well, taylor and trevor both caught some
ah, the cotton candy machine. dad made some......

mike made A LOT....and ended up wearing most of it b/c of the wind. i made some too, but i wasn't very good at it. sorry about the bug in yours, mike!
uncle arn, and my cousins sara and jen came by
gramma sanders and ava stylin' in the sun
aunt claudia and connor showing off their sweet shades

nathan and connor chillin' out in the boat

'all aboard for shady acres'

david wanted to teach ava everything he learned at college this year

nanette and connor...and he's thinking, "so when do i eat again?"

even the sherflets made it out for the festivities

ava knew just what to do with this!

david and daniel being david and daniel

uncle bob and aunt laura were able to make it too
all in all it was quite a bash. btw, people don't get your hopes up for connor's b-day party. we'd have to have rocket rides to the moon to do better than this!



7 comments:
WELL, your pics are great. some of them better than mine. especially since you have a variety of family members and somehow I got a ton of David.
Looks like an awesome day - - - Let me just say that I'll never be happy with my "birthday cupcake" again - - - I'm basically old enough to be her grandma and NEVER had a party THAT cool! You've got a cool fam, Christina - glad they get to be near to see the Little Ace Man so often! :)
How come there are no pics of austin and collin. Don't you love them.
Christina,
I need your help! I tried to copy you and put that map thing on my blog. Yeah, well, I am terrible when it comes to this kind of stuff, and well, I messed up. Look at my blog!?!?!?!? What in the world did I do and how do I fix it? I need your help!
-Kelly
ok, kelly,
first take a deep breath. and i will too b/c i am wheezing i'm laughing so hard!! :) oh my word, that is too much. i'm not trying to make fun, but i TOTALLY UNDERSTAND. i am SO horrible with computers, it's a wonder i haven't crashed mine yet.
what i'm thinking is... you must have just copy and pasted in the middle of your template format. what i did was copy and paste the map directly under my links. i don't know if you had links or not. which could be the reason why you plopped it right in the middle of your template. i would just delete the map info and try again to place it under your links. if you can find the map html stuff (without deleting anything really valuable for your blog)
tell ya what....if you can't figure it out, you could email me your blogger username and password and i could try and reformat your template if you want. or maybe your hubby could do that. but i would love to help you if i can.
my email is christinaalison@yahoo.com. no pressure if your not into sharing your info.....just wanted to offer my superior blogger services....-)
Christina,
I tried to fix it by doing that yesterday and it didn't work. I will try again during my prep hour (I actually have one today) at 9:15. If it doesn't work I would be MORE THAN HAPPY to send you my info so you can bail me out. By the way, I want links, but I don't know how to do that either. I am retard - but I am glad you think I am funny. =)
carol,
maybe we'll just do a submarine to china....that could be cool. or dig a hole. b/c you know if you dig straight down you'll hit china. yeah, i think i'll just offer shovels as party favors. :) hey, you guys could give us a dot in china! sweet!!
Post a Comment