Thursday, May 08, 2008

what's up doc?

megan had her first check up yesterday. she is doing great and has already regained her birth weight and then some. she was 7 lbs. 7 oz. at birth..... 7 lbs. 1 oz. when we left the hospital.... and 7 lbs. 14 oz. yesterday. the doctor told us she's looking good, but of course, we already knew that.

the night before she was quite a pill, and i must have looked hideous b/c nicole came over in the morning and after seeing me she took connor over to her house for the day. it was fabulous. i kicked it into auto pilot and just chilled out with meg. then this morning (or last night during megan's feedings) i started feeling sick again, so i told nathan i was going to take it easy. i must have overdone it the past few days. connor doesn't mind though. he gets to ride his rocket around the house on days like this so he's in all his glory. and since i was taking it easy nathan got us wendy's for lunch.... love it!

so hopefully, this achy feeling will be gone by morning and i'll be back to work on my poor messy house. i really don't mind these kind of days occasionally, but it's gonna get old fast if i can't get things back to normal. i have to say, i'll let things go if i can keep snuggling my kids. this morning connor snuggled me during megan's nap and then megan snuggled me after she ate. that sure makes the pressure of getting things back to normal melt away.

here are some cutie pics from the past few days.



after her first bath at home. megan is sporting one of her aunt claudia towels... the other one is super cute with leopard print ribbon! i love it!


connor was so wiped out from his day at aunt nic's he fell asleep right on the floor. poor little guy.


it was quiet for a few minutes .... nathan said, "welp... let's eat!"


here's ava sporting her personal choice for yesterday's outfit. when she walked in the house i told her she was such a fashionista that i just HAD to get a picture. oh, my word this girl's style is wild. :)

4 comments:

Mike and Nicole said...

I was hoping he would crash for you...I hope you feel better soon. let me know if you need anything.

Ben and Carissa said...

Hey Christina! Just checking in on your family and was excited to see sweet little Megan. She is beautiful. I am glad everything went well and hope these first few months go smoothly! Congratulations!!

Katie said...

I'm sorry you were sick on Mother's Day. That's the worst. Did you ever have a solution for Connor's scratchiness? I think Simon just does it out of habit and as something to do with his hands. If he doesn't have pants on, he scratches his thighs, so shorts season is going to be lovely. :) I'm assuming he'll grow out of it - hopefully soon. How's Connor liking Meg? I hope you're feeling better and things are going well.

Hairgrove Hangout said...

I love the photo of Megan under your Aunt's bath towel. Too cute. And the photo with both the kids asleep in the living room on the floor is so natural.
Now.... since you are feeling some better,and since I love the pics you sent me for Mother's Day ... I want some more!! Please post more of those cute kids that live in your home. Love ya!