THIS IS NOT CHRISTINA POSTING....
so for those of you still reading, this is Nate don't expect anything witty or elaborate like Christina - but here goes nothing -
Tonight after church I told ace that we were off to get some Ice Cream (enough said) that kid loves his sugar filled treats so we hit baskin robbins. walking into any store connor automatically grabs peoples attention for several reasons:
1. he's so good looking - (must get it from his dad, hee hee)
2. he's very well behaved, and no I'm not just saying that because he's my kid he truthfully is a very obedient boy
3. he has a vocabulary much like noah webster did when he was a child.
so we get the ice cream and sit on the bench outside. Yes I said bench OUTSIDE....which can only mean that spring is finally here in michigan. So the little man is snacking on his treat, mom is enjoying her single scoop of "golf medal ribbon" and I just had a water, you know trying to get back down to my fighting weight :-)
we were getting up to leave and this sweet lady steps out of the shop and says "excuse me.... I just wanted to say you are such a beautiful family, just gorgeous." well connor turns to look at her and says very politely thank you -- which takes me back to number 1 in grabbing people attention he is complimented a lot and has been taught to say thank you.
so moral of this post - I am so blessed with a beautiful family. I am also going to save all of you the joke and just say I know it's not me that makes the family beautiful and I also know I am the luckiest man in the world. I am well aware that I married way out of my league, but hey what can I say it's that Hairgrove charm, it's deadly. so to all you 2 yr olds out there reading this post, look out for that Ace Hairgrove charm!!
2 comments:
Son, I think you may have caught some of that witty writing skill from your sweet, beautiful wife. Not a bad post at all. Yes, we all know you married out of your league, that's why we told you not to blow it on this girl ... remember? She's the best blessing God has given you. And the children... well, I know bb would agree with me ... they come from good stock!! Love ya,
Well, I just have to say that you guys don't give yourself enough credit. Connor is not "just an obedient boy". I know better. You both work VERY hard at having him be an obedient boy, it doesn't come naturally!
Post a Comment