forgive my indulgence.....
alright, for those of you who aren't into gilmore girls (first of all, why NOT?) just ignore this. but at least i know my mom and sis will completely understand the excitement. my mom has collected all previous seasons of gilmore girls and we watch them all the time. we have even equated everyone in our family to a gilmore character. my sister told me about this show when she lived in KY and i didn't really watch it until they showed reruns on abc family. hilarious. there are way too many one liners. i crack up when i watch it, and sometimes i start to tell nathan a story and he says, "ok, this story is getting a little gilmore." which of course, means i'm talking way too fast and using way too many goofy sayings and references to pop culture or hollywood's golden days.
my favorite thing though is the theme song. it's just a simple diddy about a parent saying to a child, "if you need me, i'll be there. anytime. anywhere." EVERY time we hear it, i grab connor up and we dance and i sing that song to him. he loves it b/c we twirl. i love it b/c right after he was born, we were upstairs watching gilmore and just hanging out on my bed. i started singing that to him and i was bawling in a matter of seconds. stinkin' hormones. for about three weeks, i would cry my eyes out everytime i sang that to him. ridiculous i know, but c'mon....i don't do it anymore. now, when he hears it he comes over to the tv and smiles and laughs. we just have the best time. so drumroll please, soon we will be camped out at my mom's with season 6 and a bucket of brenda's chili popcorn!
3 comments:
Be careful. It will come back to bite you in the butt. Apparently, I watched too many reruns on ABC Family when I was pregnant with Lauren, then I got all caught up via DVD, then started watching the season as it aired last year. My poor child. Does Lauren sit still to watch Sesame Street? No. Blues Clues? No. Dora? No. Any other children's programming? No. However, play the first 2 chords of Gilmore Girls, and she will come running from miles around to see the credits. She jumps around, mouth hanging open wide. Her favorite part is when Lane plays the drums. She waves her hands up and down, like she's doing it too. Like I said, apparently, I watch it too much. However, I do agree. I love the sarcasm and one-liners.
That show makes me laugh, but Chris makes fun of me too much that I've always been afraid to admit I like it. You've emboldened me now, and I will come out of the closet. :) And I TOTALLY relate to your bawling/hormone/new-mom issues. For me, it was reading Oliver Twist right after Luke was born - he was orphaned right after being born, you know. SO pitiful, it made me cry like that orphan was Lukie!
I should get a ticker for my fav. shows' premiers coming up. This Thurs. is Survivor, (I don't even know when LOST is, but i'm a bit annoyed since I heard they'll have 6 new shows then about 14 re-runs. Come ON.) But the REALLY big one, the one I'm looking forward to is The Office on the 2st! I love it!
i'm with ya, sus! that's funny about lauren mimicking lane. too cute!
kt-
we've got to plan a gilmore night! and good call on switching our walk to tomorrow. connor was wiped from his traumatic experience this a.m. and he slept 'til almost 2p! and at 1p it was pouring.
Post a Comment