we started out saturday morning at about 8:00 am (plus 15 minutes to run back to nathan's parents b/c i forgot connor's dvd in their dvd player). getting through florida wasn't bad. but georgia took all of 9 hours and then some. NINE HOURS!! at one point we were going 16 mph and one of those speed detection devices was flashing our speed. 16 in a 60. not to shabby. we probably didn't go over 45 for the majority of the trip. and to make matters worse connor puked again.
this time it really wasn't my fault though. the first time he puked was definitely b/c of the milk. but the next day when he got sick we were confused. how could there still be any of that bad milk in his belly? well, it turns out it was the pears. we think.....
that was the first time i had given him pears. being on vacation threw off my schedule of "one brand new thing for three days" to see if he reacted funny. so when we stopped in georgia for lunch, i gave connor some more pears. two hours later......blah! that's becoming a very familiar sound.
so nathan says, "what do you want me to do?" and i said, "just pull over so i can clean his seat." well, we were not in the greatest neighborhood in the world, but we couldn't tell that until we pulled off the highway and saw a drug deal going down and a crazy man talking to himself pulling cans out of the trash. so i said, "can we go to another exit?" thankfully nathan was thinking the same thing. he whipped out of there so fast and pulled back onto 75.
so as we were trying to get a little further down the road, i crawled into the back and tried to clean up connor. i stripped him down to his diaper and put a blanket under him in his seat. thankfully we had packed the beach towels in the backseat, so i was at least able to dry him off. then we stopped and i pulled out my handy dandy shout wipes and wet wipes.
finally, we emerged from the sludge and hit the tennessee border. nathan was exhausted so we stopped to sleep for the night just north of chatanooga. we ordered a pizza and just crashed. thankfully everyone slept pretty well and we had a decent day of driving the next day.
i took this picture as we were coming home from the jetty. connor was so tired. he kept falling asleep drinking his bottle, but when it would fall he'd wake up. so i tried the old switcheroo. that finally worked but he sure had a death grip on his bottle.
5 comments:
Poor Connor! And, as a fellow mom, I say, Poor You!!! Thankfully, Luke has only thrown up once (the little piggy ate too much watermelon on a hot summer day). At any rate, I'm glad you're home safe & sound! That's a long road trip!
I hope that my "stomach for puking" develops soon!! I am afraid that I have always been the type that if i hear it or see - I do it!! Monkey see, Monkey dO! :)
You're my hero! LOL
Oh poor little guy. He really has a sensitive tummy, eh? What a horrid drive! Good thing you stopped to rest. What is the deal with Georgia? I personally think Iowa is from the pit. I absolutely hate it. Praise the Lord you're back home ok. Is connor back on his schedule now? It always takes us a few days to get Chloe back to normal after a trip.
kt: only ONCE! lucky duck. i'm getting really good at taking apart connor's carseat :-)
shy: some people never get used to it. my aunt tina hates puke. so my uncle cleans up if he's around. but, i guess it's just one of those things...when ya gotta, ya gotta. stock up on masks and gloves, you'll be good. i made it through three years of teaching and only had three kids pee their pants. i call that success!
alicia: connor is an amazing traveler. on the way down he had a little trouble the first night we stopped, but nothing horrible. he sleeps in his seat, then we stop and he sleeps in his pack n play. it's like he goes into lazy mode and just keeps sleeping. that made the trip very nice.
Yep, that's right I cannot stand puke it makes me ill. I'm so thankful to have a great hubby who will help me out. But when he isn't around I do my best to get through it. I'm glad your home safe and sound. I hope Connor's doing better now that the pears are gone!
Love, Aunt Tina
Post a Comment