Thursday, March 02, 2006

happy birthday, granny b!

wednesday was granny b's birthday, so nicole and i took the kids up to my mom's school for lunch. we took a veggie tales balloon to make her feel extra special and some ice cream sandwiches to make us feel extra special! :-)


mmm.....applebee's!


ah, nuts!.....formula!


mom, you know i'm way too cool for this BABY chair!

oooh, a book! what's that? you can't eat books? well, that's no fun.


at least it has nice pictures.
********************************************************
FAILED ATTEMPTS AT A GROUP SHOT:




SUCCESS!


8 comments:

Katie said...

How fun. It's an amazing blessing to be so close to your Granny B!

Unknown said...

Your mom is beautiful! So young looking - love her dimples. I bet she felt like queen of the world having her grandbabies at work for her b-day.

Chloe's the same with books - I guess they're tasty. :)

christina said...

alicia,
my mom will love you forever! she really is very young considering she has two grandkids. i'll leave it up to her to post her birth year.....:-)
people always tell me that i'll appreciate looking young when i get older. but as for now, i was asked what high school i went to when i was pregnant with connor! i was asked, "you ARE over 18, right?" when i was helping my cousin buy some fireworks on a family camping trip last year! oh well, if i can get the kind of comments my mom gets i'll take what i get for now. :-)

Shyla said...

I think that the hardest thing is going to be that my mom is 10 hrs. away! :) I hate that she will be the away gramma - but she's a good sport (she's says I have been plotting it since my engagement! I mean, why would I marry an American if I wasn't going to have my babies far away :) Fair enough. I wasn't really thinking about babies THEN! :)
Happy Birthday Grandma B!

suzanne said...

I'm with you Christina, it stinks looking young now. Someone asked me how old my brother was - they were referring to Gavin. When I told them he was my son they gasped out loud! It was like, I am old enough to have a child, and yes, he is legit. I have also been asked what grade I am in several times. Hopefully it will be a good thing when we get older! Your mom does look great!

David said...

this may be a silly post for a man to comment on, but the pictures were great. People have though I was 20 and my father's brother since I was 7. the sword cuts both ways.

christina said...

suzanne,
i can't believe that! i probably would've said something snotty and gotten myself in trouble.

david,
welcome! and it's not silly... you're a dad and anything involving cute kids is fair game! :-) besides, my mom will take joy in the fact that you posted on her birthday post. that's as good as a present in her book.

pamela s said...

I agree! Your mom looks like a very young & happy granny! I also know what you mean by looking young. Sometimes in college I was offered the kid's menu. Geoff & I were a little afraid to show physical affection in public after we were newly married. We jokingly said we should carry our marriage license with us wherever we go, so Geoff doesn't go to jail. Can't wait to see what people will say once we have kids.